Dakota portfolio managers have designed proprietary investment strategies exclusively for Dakota clients. Each strategy has a specific goal, rules-based investment process, and defined portfolio parameters. Our investment strategies utilize the full range of available investment vehicles and instruments – stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, best-in-class managers, REITs, and alternatives.
- Income – Income-focused strategies investing in dividend-paying companies or vehicles such as REITs. These strategies typically target a dividend yield above the S&P 500 Index.
- Growth – Strategies investing in growth-oriented companies.
- Disruptors – Equity strategy investing in companies that are disrupting traditional industries.
- Tactical – utilizes ETFs that represent different equity factors, sectors, and market caps as well as commodities and alternative ETFs when appropriate with a goal of long-term total return.
- Growth – invests in sectors, industries, and regions where we see growth opportunities.
Asset Allocation Strategies
Mix of equity, fixed income, commodities, and alternative mutual funds or ETFs allocated based on your risk tolerance, time horizon, and income needs.
- Persimmon Long/Short Fund – mutual fund that seeks to deliver capital growth while protecting against catastrophic losses in a tax efficient manner.Learn More
- Persimmon Absolute Return Fund – hedge fund that seeks to generate positive performance independent of the direction of financial markets, and that provides diversification to traditional stock and bond portfolios.Learn More
Fixed Income Strategies
- Individual Bonds – individual bonds selected for taxable and non-taxable accounts.
- Fixed Income ETFs – fixed income ETFs selected for taxable and non-taxable accounts.
- Ultra-Short Bond – seeks to earn higher rates of return than a bank savings account, CD.